Affordable Care: Outreach & Enrollment
Project Vida assists qualifying individuals and families with enrollment in Affordable Care Act health insurance coverage. Project Vida is a member of the Enroll El Paso Coalition. Selected community outreach workers (promotores) are trained and credentialed as Certified Application Counselors to enroll people in Affordable Care Act insurance plans. The Affordable Care Act is also known as the ACA or "Obamacare."
The ACA allows consumers to shop for, apply for, and enroll in a private health insurance plan which is affordable for their families. If an applicant does not qualify for ACA coverage (sometimes because he/she cannot afford the monthly premium), our promotores help find appropriate coverage for the applicant and his/her family.
The ACA website, healthcare.gov, is accessible by anyone with a computer. However, Project Vida's promotores gladly can answer all your questions and help you through the entire enrollment process.
Certified Application Counselors are available year-round to assist with the ACA's special enrollment period to report life-changing events, with review of ACA documents, and with exemptions to avoid penalties for non-enrollment.
As a member of the Community Partners program through Federally Qualified Health Centers, the Certified Application Counselors also can assist with enrollment in CHIP and Medicaid for health coverage, and SNAP for food stamps.
Give us a call at (915) 533- 7057, ext. 340 or 382, so that we may help you find the right health insurance plan. Walk-in service is available, but an appointment is better! Our assistance is completely free. Enrollment locations include:
CENTRAL EL PASO: 3612 PERA • 79905
MON – FRI: 8:00 – 5:00
sAT: – 9:00 - 2:00
NORTHEAST EL PASO: 4875 MAXWELL • 79904
MON – FRI: 8:00 – 5:00
MONTANA VISTA: 14900 GREG DR. • 79938
MON – FRI: 7:30 – 4:30
Please bring the following information and documents to your visit:
- Social Security card (or document number for legal immigrants; resident card or certificate of naturalization).
- Government picture ID (driver's license, passport, ID card, or other current lawful documentation).
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (W-2, checks stubs, or tax returns).
- Policy number for any current insurance.
- Copy of current Medicaid or CHIP documents (if applicable).
- Health insurance information in which you or your family could enroll at your place of employment.
Project Vida Health Center's grant to assist with ACA enrollment is funded by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration.
We are part of the Enroll El Paso Coalition. (www.enrollelpaso.org).