Homelessness Prevention and Recovery
"Roots & Wings" Shelter/Transitional Living Center
Families sheltered at the "Roots & Wings" transitional living center are homeless for a variety of reasons. Some are survivors of domestic violence. Features of the "Roots & Wings" living center include:
- Six apartments intended to keep the family together while homeless single-parent families with 3 or more children recover from homelessness
- Referrals received from other community homeless shelters
- Referrals wait-listed if necessary
- Individualized family case management and homelessness recovery services for up to 24 months
- Referrals by Roots & Wings case managers to Project Vida programs and services, and to other community resources as needed for all family members
Short-term deposit, rent, and utility assistance for homeless families and individuals in El Paso County to help secure permanent housing and prevent longer-term homelessness.
Short-term rent and/or utility assistance for families at risk of facing eviction or disconnection of utilities, in order to stabilize the living situation, keep families in their residence, and prevent homelessness.
Counseling for qualifying homeowners to prevent mortgage foreclosure and resulting homelessness.
For more information, please call (915)533-7057 ext. 116, 118, 218, 234 and 243.