YES YOU CAN
Want to Quit!
A program provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services
Our main goal is to implement a comprehensive evidence base cessation program for middle and high school teens and their parents.
Not On Tobacco (NOT) Smoking Cessation
Not On Tabaco (NOT) Smoking Cessation Program developed by the American Lung Association for 14-19 year olds was selected as a model program that significantly decreased smoking and increased smoking cessation among teenagers (CDC).
- Education classes for teens using the NOT evidence base curriculum
Freedom from Smoking
Freedom from Smoking for adults developed by the American Lung Association provides a supportive and structured approach to quitting smoking. Based on the latest research on addiction and behavior change, this medically sound program addresses the difficulties of quitting with a sensitive, encouraging style. The ultimate goal is to help individuals overcome their addiction and enjoy the benefits of better health (CDC).
- Education classes for parents using the Freedom Smoking evidence base curriculum
Teens Against Tobacco Use (T.A.T.U)
Teens Against Tobacco Use (T.A.T.U) is a tobacco education program designed to help teens develop strong leadership skills while influencing younger children to live tobacco-free lifestyles.
American Lung Association Program Teens Against Tobacco Use:
- Is designed specifically for teens as a peer-mentoring program
- Is based on research about smoking prevention and the consequences of smoking
- Fulfills service learning/community service requirements for schools
Please call the Health Education Program to register for these classes.